Monday, January 15, 2018

A Task Attacked

I had a great Sunday. I spent a great part of the day finishing off some knitting WIPs including my Project to Finish for the month.
The top is Hudson, the Project to Finish for the month. After it finishes blocking, I'll take out the yarn along the waist and the bottom of the sleeves, and I'll model it because right now it looks like it's for Gumby.

The bottom is Ysolda Teague's pattern Roisin. Yes, it's a Little Red Riding Hood cap with an attached scarf. The yarn (Julie Asselin) is a super divine combo of silk, cashmere, and merino. Modeling will follow. I finished this in December and just never got around to blocking it.

And this is Sheltered. This was my Squam knitalong project for last year, and I'd actually finished knitting it by the time of the retreat, but I didn't have time to sew the sides or block it, and frankly, it looked overwhelming. However, wrangled into shape, it's actually going to be pretty cool. Sure, I like to pretend I'm some kind of woodland nymph when I have it on, but hopefully that'll pass with wear, and yes, there will be modeling.

Hope you had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment