Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Definitely Not Fashionable

On Sunday I ran 16.5 miles as part of my marathon training. I've switched to a 10/1 run/walk mode (run 10 minutes, walk 1 minute) for the longer runs, and it's making a huge difference - both physically and pyschologically.  I plan on running my marathon that way.  I ran a half marathon the previous Sunday, and it left me feeling a little despondent.  I felt tired, hot, and cranky and wondered how I'd ever run a full marathon, so having a new strategy and putting a few solid runs under my belt since then has helped immensely.

Besides being able to wear shorter skirts and dresses and my increased endurance, I have another, more hardcore, sign of my work pounding out the miles.  Note:  these photos are not for the faint of heart.

Behold!  Runners' feet:
My lovely blister (thanks to my poor choice in socks for the half marathon):
I know!  It's pretty scary, but are you surprised to learn that I'm proud as well?

I've never had pretty feet.  No one in my family has pretty feet, but we work with what we've got.  You'd be surprised what a little pedicure can do to make these bad girls fit for daylight.

1 comment:

  1. Ewww!! Ouch!!! Imagine the sound of sucking in air between the teeth. All those and more sympathies..

    ReplyDelete