Friday, October 4, 2013

Having One of Those Days

I can't tell if it's because I managed to get nine hours of sleep the other night or the crazy shift from Indian Summer to October rain or the fact that I still haven't been able to finish unpacking (from recent trips, from Europe, from reno), but I am having the hardest time doing much of anything today.  (Full disclosure: I did revise a syllabus, making six weeks into five, and edited some work for a friend this morning, but after I couldn't find my goggles to go swimming, it was all over.)

I've tried a little virtual retail therapy - only dreaming, not charging.
Shearling and leather clog boots in patent lime?  Maybe purple?  Violet?

I also had a little actual retail therapy - a wicker basket for my folding bike - but I won't get it for another month.
Cherry stain, not the pinkwash or whitewash.  I went classic with this one (although now I'm wondering whether I should've ordered the smaller one...)

I'm going to marshal my energies and make the Cook's Illustrated Best French Onion Soup.  It's about my speed for the day - hours of onions cooking in the oven.   But it's hard to get going when Gwendolyn is conked out on my lap.  It'd be a shame to move her now.

No comments:

Post a Comment