Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Reading Tonight

So, yeah, it's been a bit longer between posts than anticipated, but between the end of the school year, getting things together for the bike trip, and all the other things that seem to crop up, I only seemed to have time for what I like to call "virtual blogging:"  writing posts in my head and considering it "done."  Hah!  If only (or maybe not).  I hope to catch up over the next few days.

In the meantime, I wanted to let you know about a reading at Bluestockings bookstore (in Manhattan) tonight where I'll be one of the featured writers.  You may recall that I read during the open mic portion of the February reading.  Well, I was invited back as a featured writer after the organizer read some more of my stories.  The other featured reader is Miriam Stanley, a poet.  I'm really honoured.  The reading is from 7-9pm tonight.   Stop by if you're in the neighborhood.

(For those of you wondering about what I'm planning to wear -  the weather is throwing me for a loop because I brought suede shoes, and the forecast calls for rain.  I'll have to troubleshoot that, particularly as I really only brought one "outfit" (most of my clothes are for the bike trip; not exactly the look I'm going for tonight) - and guess what?!  I made the Merchant & Mills dress!  I'll be hemming it today (why not wait until the last possible moment?). )

No comments:

Post a Comment