Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Feel Me, See Me, Read Me, Eat Me

Yep, I've amassed enough links to get a post out to you.  It's not that I don't find a lot of interesting things on the web, but many of them come from the same blogs I mention repeatedly here, so I try to come up with something new or maybe something from a blog you'd forgotten about.

First off, Michael Pollan is my intellectual crush, which should be common knowledge.  But before I fell for Pollan, I was all about Alton Brown.  I loved Good Eats and have them on DVD (oh yeah!).  My love was rekindled by this interview.  I hope there's no jealousy between Michael and Alton; not interested in that drama.

It's spring (or at least what they keep trying to tell us in Southwestern Ontario), and time to shift the menus to reflect the seasonal produce.  We get ramps at the coop and farmers' markets here, and I haven't quite maximized their potential.  Serious Eats has a guide for that.

But there's still time for comfort food, and I'm always in the market for a new banana bread recipe!

Check out this interview on the Alabama Chanin journal.  It'll explain Zero waste fashion design.  It's a concept whose time has definitely come although now I might have a hard time throwing out little pieces of fabric...

And finally, it's the start of the Stanley Cup Playoffs!  Here's something to get you in the mood.

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment