Monday, November 9, 2009

Live & Learn





The birthday weekend was good, and one of the things it included was the screen printing workshop at The Print Studio that allowed me to make the towel/napkin above.  The funny thing is that the workshop was a gift for Christmas 2007.  I like to hold onto gift certificates.

One thing I’m quickly learning as I write this blog is how much I need to learn.  For example, I’m not really a photographer.  I know, you’re shocked.  So now my partner is giving me tips and teaching me some rudimentary Photoshop skills.  I just thought that my basic photo skills would result in those beautiful pictures I see on other blogs.  But noooo.  I guess like any new activity, it comes with a host of necessary associated skills.

Speaking of skills, one of my new interests is letterpress.  I took a great workshop at Snap & Tumble, and for my birthday, my partner gave me a holiday card making workshop at the Western New York Book Arts Center.  Whoo-hoo!  I have a fantasy that one day letterpress cards and what-not will allow me to teach fewer classes each term.  Believe it or not, I’d like some of my hobbies to be more than decorative.

1 comment:

  1. Let's go the One of a Kind Show: you will see that your craft could really be more than decorative!

    ReplyDelete