Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Smoothie

As part of the 30-day challenge we get little e-mails with thoughts, suggestions, encouragement, etc.  Yesterday's included a recipe for a smoothie.  I thought it would be vile but decided to try it anyway.  It's totally yummy!  Trust me, really.  Here's the recipe:
Blend the following ingredients with 1 cup of purified water. Add more water if the consistency is too thick.
1 cup of Baby Spinach
juice of 1/2 a Lemon
1 Banana
1 Pear or 1 cup of frozen blueberries
1 thumb size piece of Ginger (optional)

I used the blueberries, which we'd picked last summer, and included the ginger, which gives it a nice kick.  I also didn't read to include the 1 cup of (purified) water, which might explain why it took awhile for it to blend properly.  I added some water later.


I feel so virtuous. 

1 comment:

  1. I have all of these things at home (including the thumb-sized piece of ginger that's going off). I'm going to try this smoothie when I get home. :P

    ReplyDelete