Tuesday, June 1, 2010

I'm trying to reimagine or reconfigure items of clothing so I can wear them again.  That's what I did with  the J. Morgan Puett dress below.  It used to just hang straight down.  I laid it on the ground, rumpled the skirt in various ways, and then stitched the folds in place.  This is the first time I've worn it, and I like it, but I do have to admit I look crazy in the photo.  I'm not sure how I feel about that...
    Behind me is my little Raleigh folding bike.  It's from the late 60's/early /70's.  It has one speed and small wheels (15"?), so when I "get up to speed," my feet just spin with the crank.  I like the eccentricity of riding it around although I long for a 3-speed Batavus.
   I used to ride all the time, especially when I lived in Brooklyn.  (In fact, I have four bikes in total right now.)  I don't know why I haven't been riding in recent years, but the fact hasn't escaped my notice.   I feel like this relatively small step - riding to work - will get me back into it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment