Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Merchant & Mills: Fetish Alert!

Okay, so if you didn't know this blog at all, you might immediately associate "fetish" with "sex," but as any crafter worth her/his stash would know, there are many ways to get your jollies. (Wow, a phrase I haven't pulled out in a long time; wait, there are now numerous sexual innuendos.  Full stop.)

So with my mind full of admiration and desire, I wanted to share the lust-worthiness of Merchant & Mills.

C'mon, don't tell me you didn't swoon, at least a little bit.  Sustainability, craft, feminism, collaboration, British accents, egads!

I have an errand to run for my PiC at Purl Soho while I'm in NYC, and it so happens that they carry Merchant & Mills patterns and notions.  I have been dreaming about the Trapeze Dress since before the holidays, and it seems like I cannot ignore the opportunity to pick up this pattern.  While I would love the single-sized heavy paper version, I will be going for the less expensive multi-sized tissue paper version.  (Trying to keep my crafty self out of the poor house.)

So simple, yet so chic.

Look at this sleeve detail!

The possibilities feel endless, and isn't that one of the things we like about being makers?

No comments:

Post a Comment