Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Mont Tremblant or My Secret Life as a Ski Bunny

Okay, not really.
But my father and I went to Mont Tremblant the weekend before last for a little ski trip.  I don't get to ski very often, which puts me at a perpetual advanced beginner/intermediate level, but that was fine for our weekend.  My dad was quite accepting of my skills, and we skied well together.
Selfie on the lift!

 I enjoyed Mont Tremblant.  The runs were great, and my father and I enjoyed many a beer at the local microbrewery La Diable.  We didn't suffer for food either, and our accommodations, Ermitage du Lac, were nice.  Frankly, it was a pretty stellar trip, if I may say so myself since I organized it as a Christmas gift for my dad (and by extension, me).

Sure it's a fabricated village, but it ain't bad.

On one of our skiing days, I kept having The Weekend play in my head, "I can't feel my face..." because it was so freakin' cold.

That's my dad in the foreground.

Of course, the village had lots of ski memorabilia.  I love, love, love the vintage ski posters, like this one -
I could totally replicate this outfit.  The sweater?  Not a problem.  And check out this vintage pattern.
Listen, my ski outfit was such a hodgepodge of elements that going retro would be a total upgrade!  But first, I think I'm going to go ahead and buy skis at the end of the season.  I really like skiing, and now that I've told the ladyfriend she can snowmobile while I ski, she's more interested.

Finally, the Mont Tremblant airport was so sweet!  Love the ski chalet feel to it!



Lunch overlooking the boarding area.
It was a great trip!  I look forward to returning next year, but this time, we'll rent our own chalet!  Whoo-hoo!




No comments:

Post a Comment