Thursday, March 3, 2016

Read Me, Feel Me, Eat Me, Buy Me

It's only Thursday, but this post doesn't seem to have any issue with regularity (it's all that fibre!), so I'm free to round these tidbits up when I have the time or inclination.  However, and I think I've addressed this before, I'm wondering whether I should really post more regularly.  I'm currently reading Better than Before by Gretchen Rubin, which is about cultivating the habits we want, and my writing (in its myriad forms) is at the front of my mind.

I recently posted about my Sophia Loren sweater, which I wore to work yesterday, and Tolt Yarn and Wool tell us why they love Icelandic wool.  This is in conjunction with their March Icelandic yarns knit-a-long.  I'm tempted to use the leftover LettLopi from my sweater to knit a vest and learn how to steek.  I'm looking at this pattern from Circular Knitting Workshop: Essential Techniques to Master Knitting in the Round, which I picked up from my library this week. 

Since we're talking about Iceland and wool, I have to highly recommend the film Rams.  It is so gorgeous, funny, and also heartbreaking.  Really.  Go see it.

As an avocado lover (yeah, there was no transition from sheep to avocado, I know), I'm interested in trying this White Bean Avocado Guacamole dip.  I like the addition of the beans both to add fibre (part of a balanced diet!) and to give another dimension to the dip.

And finally, I want this, but I can't quite justify it at the moment.  So I just keep looking at it.

Have a great weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment