Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Snail mail - the focus of the next 30 days

 
My challenge for the next 30 days is to write and send a letter, card, or postcard everyday.  I love getting letters in the mail - who doesn't?  But it's hard to get them if no one's sending them.  My first card is going to Kate Davies, the voice behind needled, a smart and engaging blog.  She's also the designer of a lot of knitting patterns that you can find both on her blog as well as on Ravelry.  Anyway, she recently suffered a stroke (she's only 36!) and is in intensive physical therapy.   I can't imagine what it would be like to have to  reteach one side of your body to do all the things we take for granted.  I'm hoping that Canada Post is on my side and actually delivers my card before she leaves the hospital (keep your fingers crossed).

If you would like a card from me, and I don't have your address (aka I don't know you personally), let me know, and I'll give you an e-mail address where you can send me your address (unless of course you want to post your address and possibly get mail from others...).  

Who might you send a letter to today?

3 comments:

  1. As a matter of fact I have one for Liss and you so I need your address!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so behind in my correspondence its not even funny. Its an embarressment actually, since I DO like to write. I owe my grandfather a letter-he's 89 for christ sake... time is limited, and my friend edna who doesnt have email. I also really need to send my friend Brenda a letter. She sends me such nice ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sending a birthday card and a present to my sister today, and it will likely arrive several days after the significant day. Why is it so hard to get to the post office? These sorts of pacjages constitute the final shadowy trace of my snail-mail history. Love that you are doing this project.It's mail art!

    ReplyDelete