Friday, March 11, 2011

Reality Check (Not in the Mail)

Sometimes I forget, and I guess you can't blame me for forgetting because my closet might indicate otherwise.

I forget that I am on a budget and that I can't really take advantage of my hunting & gathering skills without taking into consideration said budget.  This became painfully clear to me today as I checked my bank balance.  It is only the 11th of the month, and I feel pretty broke.  Now,  this feeling is not new to me; however, I'd fallen in love with something, something Vivienne Westwood, and I'd just about convinced myself that a) I couldn't let such a find go, and b) I could afford it.




But the truth is, I can't.  Not really.  But I don't think I'm alone in falling into the trap of believing that just because I have some swell things (often thanks to my mother), a solid job, and a general lack of financial worry overall (often thanks to the ladyfriend), I can afford the trappings of this life. I have to remember that we're working on being able to spend six months in Berlin.  I have to remember that I can let some deals get away.  It's really okay, and that's what I have to remember.

Do me a favour, and buy this corset.   It's gorgeous, and maybe you'll let me borrow it sometime.

1 comment: