Tuesday, May 1, 2012

I Spoke Too Soon

Ah yes, the thrill of starting a new project...only to discover you don't have enough yarn for it.  So the Soho Smocked Dress will have to wait, but not indefinitely.  The ladyfriend, moved by my plight (or my endless mumbling about yarn for the project), stepped in and bought me the yarn for the project.  I've decided to go with Cotton Fleece from Brown Sheep (wool/cotton blend).  How can I go wrong with a colour called Nymph?
However, I'm in the mood to knit NOW so I'm making a shawl using the HandMaiden Sea Silk in a lovely moody grey my friend Celine gave to me for my birthday last year (look! something from my stash).  It's a little challenging, but it's also going rather quickly.  I started with one pattern but was confused by the "no stitch" squares on the chart and found a different pattern - Fylleryd.  I'm hoping that it will be finished by the time I get the yarn for the dress.  That would be ideal.

No comments:

Post a Comment