Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Natchez Trace Day 2 or We're Going to Jackson


All day I had this song in my head because I knew it was where we were headed (we actually stayed in Ridgeland, just a bit outside Jackson).

Our accommodations from the night before.
It was a hot one yesterday - according to the weather report, it was 90F, and we rode around 55 miles (supposedly a short day - hah!).  I think it'd barely gotten above 50 when I left Hamilton, and that was just a few weeks ago.  In addition to water & butt breaks (as I call them...and need them), we took a shade break.  We might luck out with an afternoon thunderstorm today - huzzah!
Morning visitor at the campsite
My father and I have worked out the food issue, and today's lunch was courtesy of Big Daddy's BBQ - housed in a gas station.
My father thinks that a beer bottle in a paper bag is subtle; I just drank my Bud sitting on the curb.  Now that's subtle.

Dare I say it?  My ribs are better.
Have I mentioned how beautiful it is?  It's pretty amazing.

And yesterday's grammar issue was comma usage:
Either you get rid of the comma before Greenwood or you add one afterward.  You cannot split the difference.

3 comments:

  1. I think you should make a book about grammar using these signs. It would be hilarious... and seems much needed. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the lady who interviewed me yesterday asked me if I was nervous about the English test: I replied I received so many email in horrible English from people for whom English is the native tong that really I was not worry about the quality of mine! ("I am waiting for there reply", "please let me know when your done"...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 90 degrees? Good thing you had ribs to slake your thirst... Make a BBQ rating of your trip.

    ReplyDelete