Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Happy Camper, Ecstatic Cook

We just got back from a few days of camping in Algonquin Park with friends.  It's great to be able to get in one more camping trip before the end of the season although now I'm wondering if I can get the ladyfriend back up there for a little winter fun in a yurt.  They'll have hockey on the lake and cross-country skiing!  We're not traveling for the holidays this year so I might be able to persuade her...

In the meantime, I've come home to recipes galore left up on tabs on my computer or new on my Feedly list.  Here are some of the ones I'm dreaming about now:
  1. Tabasco Style Fermented Hot Sauce:  I have a whole new respect for Tabasco, and you know I'll be burbing mason jars in my basement soon.
  2. Muffuleta Pasta Salad:  Kind of like a chopped salad, an amazing sandwich, and an Italian fantasy in a bowl.
  3. Baked Brown Butter and Pistachio Donuts:  I certainly hope I don't need to tell you why these would be amazing.
  4. Butterscotch Pudding:  Because pudding from scratch, and butterscotch no less, seems like a little bit of nirvana in a dish.
There are definitely more things I'll be making soon, but these are the ones that are teasing my taste buds right now.

Anybody have recipes they're dying to try or want to share?

1 comment:

  1. Ingredients that excite me this summer are fresh lemon zest, high quality balsamic vinegar, and heirloom tomatoes. My guy and I finally learned how to prepare the perfect baby back ribs with a rub that I cobbled together, hours in the slow cooker, followed by a few minutes on the BBQ.

    I've been collecting our tender fruit pits in the freezer and plan to experiment with noyaux. Currently I have apricot pits soaking in vodka and learned about this from Rebecca Solnit's The Faraway Nearby.

    ReplyDelete