Monday, November 10, 2014

On My Mind Mondays: What Has Been and What Will Be

So another birthday always brings with it ideas of what I want the next year to be like.  Birthdays are like a personal New Year's Eve, but I don't like to think of it in terms of resolutions.  For me, it's about being more of who I am, a seemingly endless project.
  1. Firstly, however, I'm thinking of our friend Sharon Little who died on Thursday.  She was only  41, and it's sobering to think about how quickly cancer can take someone who was so healthy and fit the last time you saw them.  My uncle Mike died a little over two weeks ago, from cancer, as well.
  2. Ch-ch-ch-changes.  I've started a slow and hopefully lasting project of implementing and integrating little changes in my life.  It's mostly things that I've done (often with vigor) previously that have passed by the wayside.  For example, one of the things I'd like to do is get to bed by midnight.  I've been going to bed at 1am (or later) in the last few weeks, and it's taking a toll on me. 
  3. Me and my bike.  Not surprisingly, I'm continuing to refine my cycling life whether it's through problem-solving carting issues, considering upcoming weather challenges, or thinking about making these super cute skirt bands.  Plus, I got the most recent issue of Momentum Magazine, which will probably add inspiration.
  4. My mom's birthday today!  Happy Birthday, Mom!
  5. The ongoing refinement of my office.  I've got it started, and it's going well.

No comments:

Post a Comment