Saturday, January 9, 2010

Holiday Extended Dance Re-mix

One thing that's great about the holidays and the time crunch they contain is that sometimes you have to meet with your friends after the fact to celebrate, which just means a little more holiday joy & fun.  Today my partner and I went to see my friend Celine, of the charming blog granoland, and I finally got to give her her gifts, one of which was the Nomad hat/scarf combo I knit for her using Rowan Cork.  The pattern comes from an older issue of Interweave Knits.



I have to say, it seems to suit her.

Celine made a lovely lunch of roast chicken, potato dauphinois, endive salad, and creme caramel even though her house is still in the throes of renovations - thank you, thank you!

And because she's so cute in the photo, here's my partner at the dinner table:
 

Can you feel the fun?  I say we try to keep the sharing and celebrating going!  It doesn't have to be a big deal.  Small works wonders, too.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for your gifts again! It was so nice to see you both!
    I wore the nomad hat to run my errands Saturday afternoon and it is just the cosiest combo ever!
    What's funny also is that there are 3 things in my house that I simply found revolting (things we received as gift)and there are all on your picture!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys should come over for schnapps when next you are in the big city.

    ReplyDelete