Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Yoga Challenge Update

Hello sports fans, it's day 13 of the 30-day yoga challenge.  I've already gone through one belligerent phase ("ugh, I don't wanna go to yoga today" - please whine as you say this), but happily I've worked through it, and quite honestly I enjoy going to yoga everyday.  Crazy, but true.

Of course I feel a little bit like the cranky yogi or the carousin' yogi because I'm not so into giving up my coffee, abstaining from various toxins (insert your favourite here), or not eating meat.  I'm a conscious and conscientious omnivore, and I've come to that after years of various diets and eating patterns.  One of the other 30-day challengers has a blog detailing her experience if you're interested:  Natalie's Yogadventures.   I was happy to infer that she went out drinking for her 21st birthday - it made me feel like I wasn't the only one not on the wagon!  I really just want to ask some of my teachers if they're "like this" (you know, yogi-ish) all the time and if it's any fun.  But I'll wait on that one.

2 comments:

  1. You're a warrior. For me the best part of yoga is my super cute yoga pants (pathetic, I know...).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Celine, darling, what ever works.

    Yogi Dilettanti..a new class for yoga enthusiast who suffer ennui. Where do I sign up? Along the same theme, I've decided to give up virtue for Lent. I think it's time to sin big. Just a thought..

    ReplyDelete