Friday, March 4, 2011

Cashmere Challenge

Last weekend I finally got to visit with my good friend Celine, and I left with far more than I'd come with:  freshly made madeleines, some Liberty fabric, and of course, yarn!

One of the yarns was this gorgeous cashmere.  I had a choice between the light gray and the dark gray, and chose one of each, leaving Celine with one of each as well.  Since we have the same materials, we've decided to have a little challenge - what will each of us come up with, using this yarn, by the end of March?


Oh sure, I need another challenge/project like I need a new pair of shoes, another coat, etc.  But who can resist?!  I knit up a swatch and it has an incredible hand that is far more substantial than I'd expected.  I have an idea, but it's looking more and more like I'm going to have to make the pattern myself.  I'll keep you posted on my progress.

2 comments:

  1. You already started!!!!! I am still decided on a pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't wait to see what you're knitting - and what Celine is knitting ;o)

    ReplyDelete