Wednesday, April 10, 2013

April in Paris

Gay in Paris
There are a lot of photos of us (all except one courtesy of the ladyfriend) in Paris, and despite the fact that I am a writer, I feel like too much narrative will bog down the recap.  To make it a bit more manageable as well, I'm dividing it into two posts - one for each full day we were there.  I don't want to tire you out!

Our first day we walked around a lot, getting a feel for the neighborhood.  The ladyfriend seemed to like to take photos of me on the move.  Good thing I was wearing my red Amy Downs hat!


Stopping in a park, I demonstrated my "Claudia as Sherpa" pose.
Camera bag, purse, photo print plus frame - I got it.
One model pose begets another
and another
Our friends and hosts, Don & Jean-Marc

(Believe me, there were even more!)

We were lucky enough to be in town for the Paris Haute Couture exhibition, which was on at the Paris Hôtel de Ville.  No photographs were allowed inside, but I'm not likely to forget the amazing gowns that were on display ranging from Worth to Poiret to Dior and more.  Seeing that kind of detail work up close was fantastic and allows one to understand the cost of an haute couture garment.

But there still more to see - like the polar bear!


Don trying to get a picture of himself with the bear.
And then there was this - how to smoke inside but outside at the same time.  So French!
Oooh la la!

1 comment:

  1. tres bien... Merci boucoups por le photos. That has exhausted my French... Looks stunning and I love the hat. Urban urchin meets fashion?

    ReplyDelete