Friday, January 9, 2015

Feel Me, Eat Me, Watch Me, Read Me

Card from Flakes Paperie
Oooh, baby, it's cold outside.  I rode to the train station yesterday in -24C wind chill.  I know, kind of crazy, but after reading through this thread, I felt like there's no such thing as too cold.  However, I did have the ladyfriend pick me and my bike up at 9:30pm.  Too many variables that I wasn't prepared for (flurries, ice, haven't put the studded tires on, etc.).  There may be a "too cold" setting for me.

But everything seems to be about winter cycling right now as the temperatures have dropped.  Velojoy has a solid guide for the season, and I found this link while wondering whether I needed to have a temperature cut-off for cycling.

Momentum Magazine highlighted the five cities that they think are on their way to being The Next Great Biking Cities.  I was happy to see that Washington, DC was among them since that's where my dad bikes a lot.

Rather than think about various resolutions one can make (although I do appreciate an Uberlist a la the Thrifty Knitter), here are just a few thoughts to keep in mind over the coming year.  But you might also want some actual benchmarks for the coming year, and if you're a writer, this list might interest you.

What about food?  How about pizza sauce or lemon chicken?  Both seem like worthy endeavours although I will be at the annual sausage party, as I like to call it, this weekend.  That's right, time to break down some organic pigs and make sausage in a cold garage all weekend.  But boy, are we fed well!

And finally, I leave you with this video.  I don't know about skiing naked, but everyone looks like they're having a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment