Monday, January 25, 2016

Feel Me, Eat Me, Read Me, Listen to Me

No snow days up here, but all family in DC & NYC seem to be happily hunkered down.   I pretended I had a snow day yesterday by spending half the day in my pajamas working on my tattered nightshirt.  I'm concerned that at some point I'm going to have to rely on love alone to keep that thing together, but in the meantime I patch and hope.

I made this last week and am making this tonight.  It's a good time for hearty soups and stews.

I'm making my way through this article about Cancer Alley in Mississippi on Bitter Southerner.  My father and I rode our bikes along part of that.  I remember talking about how the factories were spoiling the landscape, and I remember being intimidated (threatened, sometimes) by the huge trucks going to and from them.

Speaking of cycling, Momentum Magazine made use of recent released digital archives from the NY Public Library to show how cigarette packs used to include tips and trading cards about cycling.  I love the illustrations!

And last but not least (but with no internet link), I started listening to Gloria Steinem's memoir My Life on the Road, read by Debra Winger, on my commute to and from work.  I've really come to love audiobooks, and this one is engaging on so many levels.

Happy Monday!


No comments:

Post a Comment