Friday, May 28, 2010

A little puzzled and maybe sad

We finally watched the Lost finale last night.  I don't know why I waited to watch it, probably because I didn't want it to end.  I'm not sure how I feel about it, particularly the whole religious aspect of it.  But you know, it really was a good show although the fact that I'm still ruminating on it is a little bit disconcerting perhaps.  I have to give a shout out to Ian for turning us onto it in the first place.
   Secondly, how is it that Crystal Bowersox didn't win American Idol?  Actually, I'm not surprised.  Look at what happened last year.  Adam Lambert clearly should've won.  It just confirms what I've come to believe - people often can't recognize talent and innovation when it slaps them upside the head or they're just too frightened of it.  A cute (according to some) boy usually gets those tweens texting and calling like mad.  It's easier to vote repeatedly when you don't have to pay the bill.

No comments:

Post a Comment