Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Own the day

Despite the fact that I don't work a five-day-a-week job, I still often feel like I'm just waiting for Friday to come around.  I don't want to feel like a wage slave that only lives on the weekends, so I'm trying different ways to own each and every day.  For me that could mean that I do something creative (without an external prompt),  I see something that keeps me in the moment, or anything else that keeps that day from just being one to get through.

I'm in the middle of one of those days now.  Any suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. Hard physical labor, preferably involving nature. Whacking back my wisteria to within an inch of its life usually does the trick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go to a nice coffee shop with abook, sip your drink, take your take and look at everyone coming and going... For a short time you'll be doing what thousands of French people are doing everyday: slow down.

    ReplyDelete