Thursday, November 19, 2009

What I Like About You: Posie Gets Cozy

I thought it might be nice to have a regular feature called What I Like About You, which will tell you why I like the blogs that I do.  As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the things I love about blogs is not only their own content but their curated lists of other blogs.

Other than The Sartorialist, which is my homepage (I know, my own blog should be my homepage, but hey, I know what's on it already), I check Posie Gets Cozy most regularly.  There are a number of things I enjoy about it.  Firstly, I find the site in general to be welcoming.  It speaks to my nesting and crafting desires through its design.  Alicia Paulson's photography is great and she's chosen a nice colour palate.  The blog literally feels  warm and cozy, but it's not too twee.  I'm not at my grandmother's house, I'm hanging with a friend. 


I enjoy Alicia's writing.  Her projects are not always my thing, but I like being privy to her life, which seems to include lots of crafting, cooking, and a happy, hip homelife.  I'm jealous, but in a good way - like "Wow, you are so lucky, and you make it seem so easy and natural.  How cool is that?  Can we be friends?" (Yes, I'm a dork.  Let it go.)

Finally, she reminds me about what's important to me when I'm too overwhelmed, stressed, what-not to remember - taking care of the crafty soul.

I'm always looking for blog recommendations.  If you have one you love that you think I will, let me know.

2 comments:

  1. I love this type of blogs that are just like an oasis in the middle of reality!

    ReplyDelete