Thursday, April 29, 2010

Bay Area Wrap-Up

I know, I know - it's been days since I was there, but it's not like I can update my blog from our car.  Here are some final shots from Alameda.

We traveled back to the naval base where we went to St. George Spirits, and I did the tasting (some 15 different vodkas and spirits - whoo hoo!).  St. George was one of the first distilleries to produce absinthe after it became legal again, and yes, I sampled it.
(Note - I had to tell my nondrinking companions that nothing's more annoying than nondrinkers saying the drinker is drunk.  I happen to have a rather high tolerance although this photo does actually make me look drunk.)

We took a walk in Merritt Park in Oakland, where Ian and I practiced possible 70s album cover shots.


Here's the boy after our goodbye breakfast.  We'll definitely be back in the area soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment