Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Napa - Day 2

Okay, before I begin about our second day (and first full day) in Napa, let me just let you know that I have been knitting like crazy, but the photos I took of my progress blew so I'll just give you a quick synopsis.  The hot pink sock with the cables is done up to the toes.  Of course I ran out of yarn but have enough back at home to finish it.  I also finished another sock, which I had previously knit up to the toes (must be karma), and started its mate, which, yes, I've run out of yarn for.  Thankfully, I brought another project as well.  Don't hate me, but some of these things are intended to be holiday gifts.

After breakfast with the extended dance-remix version of the Manleys, my parents and I met up with my son and his girlfriend, Heather, at Artesa Vineyards and Winery.
   Here are my parents, ready for action.
   Artesa is beautifully situated overlooking part of the Carneros Region of Napa Valley.  It's also quite an interesting structure set into the hillside, which allows it to keep the temperatures cool.
These two fountains (above) flanked the walkway up to the winery entrance, which looks like this (and shows Ian and his girlfriend coming to meet us).
And here's one of the views of the region.
In addition to beautiful views, they had some really nice wines.  I picked up a 2005 Cabernet Sauvignon.  It's really tempting to overbuy at vineyards.  I try to practice something like moderation.

After Liss, Ian, Heather, and I had somewhat overpriced but overdue massages, which were actually amazing, we met up with my parents for dinner.  My aunt Anne, uncle Terry and his wife, Diane, stopped by for one last visit before they headed back home.  It was definitely too little time to spend with these people I haven't seen in years.  I'm hoping to maintain contact and actually develop relationships with my relatives.
   Here's my mom with my aunt Anne, who's been there for me at various pivotal moments in my life despite a lack of consistent proximity.
That evening, Ian, Liss, Heather, & I just hung out, drank beer in our hotel room, and watched a show about hoarders.  Ah, family time!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Claudia. Thanks for blogging about your recent visit to Artesa and for posting some great pix. Hope you and your family come back and visit us again soon. Meantime, enjoy the Cab -- thanks for the purchase!

    Sincerely,
    Kevin, Artesa Winery
    (707) 224-1668

    GET SOCIAL WITH US:
    On Facebook: www.facebook.com/artesawinery
    On Twitter: twitter.com/clubartesa
    On Shutterfly: clubartesa.shutterfly.com
    With our blog: artesawinery.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete